Disability Action Yorkshire
Disability Action Yorkshire , HARROGATE
Disability Action Yorkshire is an exciting and dynamic education and training centre in which there are opportunities for all to succeed in their own way.
We provide a range of education and practical opportunities from pre-entry levels up to Level 2
The intent at Disability Action Yorkshire is to implement a high impact, broad and balanced curriculum for all learners.
Disability Action Yorkshire adopts a bespoke curriculum package according to the needs and established levels already attained, which provides learners with the next steps in progression and an introduction to the essential knowledge that they need to be educated citizens.
We take account of all learners’ individual learning requirements and implement an appropriate curriculum to enable learners to participate and achieve their full potential.
Disability Action Yorkshire aims to offer a curriculum, which is balanced and broadly based, and which:
• Promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of learners at the centre and in society,
• Prepares learners at the centre for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life
• Is ambitious and designed to give all learners, particularly the most disadvantaged and those with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND, the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life
• Is coherently planned and sequenced towards cumulatively sufficient knowledge and skills for future learning and employment
We focus on:
• Personal progress; • Independence • Employment.
Learning opportunities are designed around the individual, offering a curriculum which could include:
• Personal development • Independence skills • Communication and self-advocacy • Travel training • Accessing the community • Working with others • preparation for employment / Work experience.
We provide training and support across many different areas including, Employment, Personal and Social Development and Supported living.
We deliver a wide range of programmes, qualifications and training bespoke to the individual. We are ASDAN and NCFE accredited, which are our awarding body, offering qualifications that explicitly grow skills for learning , life and employment.
Job Coaching: We offer an individual and personalised package of training to help you enter and maintain employment.
Qualifications: We can provide you with support, gaining qualifications that will help you achieve your aspirations
Skills for life: Life skills are invaluable and will help you with your personal and social development.
Work based training: Our training courses are enhanced with real time work experience.
Disability Action Yorkshire can be fully accessed in person or remotely through our online learning packages and we offer a wide range of subject choices.
Throughout the coronavirus, we have developed a comprehensive online learning portal. People wishing to access our services can do so online or in person.
This service provides the following Coronavirus services:
- Health and wellbeing
- Children and families
- Training and employment
Some services may only be suitable to a specific age range or to those who meet specific
criteria. The following eligibility criteria applies to this service:
The following facilities and adaptations are available:
- Level Access and Automatic Doors (or No Doors)
- On-Site Parking
- Blue Badge/Accessible Parking Bays
- Off-Site Parking
Toilets and changing
- Accessible Changing Room
- Gender Neutral Toilet
- Accessible Toilet