Hambleton Community Action is the Community Support Organisation for Northallerton & Bedale and its role is to be a single point of contact for those who are alone and isolated by the pandemic.
We will signpost to what local support is available in the community.
Act as local hub for individuals and groups wishing to volunteer in the community response.
Provide information on local shopping options and trusted suppliers who are delivering directly to those who are self-isolating.
Provide regular social contact via telephone with an individual in self-isolation.
We will also work with local voluntary sector groups to arrange such things as:
- Collection and delivery of shopping using local volunteering resources.
- Collection and delivery of prescriptions using local volunteers.
This service provides the following Coronavirus services:
- Health and wellbeing
- Accepting volunteers
- Social and leisure activities
- Finance, housing and advice
- Shopping and isolation support