The nursery is operating its normal hours 7am - 18.00 and these are some of the measures we have put in place.
• We may have to introduce a temporary cap on the number of children who return if the numbers wanting to return are high.
• Some children may be given priority over others in ways such as (but not limited to), those who move to Reception in September or those whose parents are working from home will or where one parent may still be at home).
• If your child attends more than one preschool, nursery or childminder you will be asked to choose only one setting to enable their bubble to be kept as small as possible to prevent the spread of the virus between settings. We will not be collecting from local school until further notice .
• Drop off and collection will be different to usual. Only one parent who is symptom free will be allowed into the gated area outside but will not be allowed into the nursery building.
• Please respect staff and distance yourself 2 meters away from them at all times whist waiting.
We may group children and give them a staggered start and finish time. Prams will be left outside please provide rain covers.
• Drop off and pick we ask parent to keep 2 meters apart from other parents and children even if it means waiting in your car for a short while.
• Hand sanitiser is provided for parents to ring the bell this will be cleaned after each parent contact . One parent only at drop off and collection.
• No visitors to the setting are permitted, only those of essential maintenance for a daily running and they will need to complete our risk assessment before entering.
• If a parent should be shielding at home they should not drop off. Children who are extremely vulnerable should remain shielding at home and not return to preschool until further government notice advises. Vulnerable staff will remain at home shielding too.
• We may take temperatures of children and staff on arrival. Children should be symptom free of any illness. We may ask the children if they have had medicine in the morning or at lunch time when they arrive as parents have often give Calpol to bring down a temperature to enable them to get to work. Please do not do this.
• Children will be organised into small groups, (bubbles) together with the same staff member. We will be outside the majority of the time regardless of the weather so please dress your child appropriately. If it is sunny please apply sun cream to their skin at home before you bring them in, cover their shoulders with a t-shirt and wear leggings not shorts so staff have as little time applying cream to your child should they require a top up. Please keep sun cream with your child’s name on in their bag with a complete change of clothes.
• We will reflect and revise our decisions regularly as some decisions may not work or we may come up with a better way of doing something. This is all new to us, some of our tried and trusted measures can’t be done any more but we still must have strict safeguarding measures in place at all times.
• You must ensure all 3 of your emergency contacts are up to date and are able to collect your child in the event of an emergency or they become ill. You must be able to collect your child within 30 minutes of receiving a telephone call.
• Children must not bring in any comforters, soft toys, blankets, toys or anything other than their coat, spare change of clothes, sun cream. We are limiting how much comes into nursery.
• Catch it, Kill it, Bin it, wash your hands will remain our policy – please continue this at home. Also try the coughing into your elbow.
• We have removed a lot of resources and equipment such as blankets, soft toys, dough, water, sand etc. and have cleaned everything in sight. We will continue to clean up during the day as usual and at the end of the day do a thorough deep clean.
This service provides the following Coronavirus services:
- Children and families