Choose to Lose Adult Weight Management service in Richmondshire
The Choose to Lose programme will continue to take new referrals and you can do this by contacting the Choose to Lose Team via email email@example.com or call 01748 901049..
Choose to Lose is an adult weight management service that is available free to anyone who lives, works or has a GP registered in Richmondshire, and are aged over 18 with a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 30 or above. We do also accept referrals if your BMI is 25+ with comorbidities.
The service is funded by North Yorkshire County Council Public Health, and delivered by Richmondshire District Council and the Choose to Lose team.
If you are ready to commit to a 12 week programme and want to feel healthier, Choose to Lose could be the programme for you.
What happens each week?
- You attend weekly virtual group sessions – each session lasts for one hour and includes a healthy eating session and gently activity session
- You will have access to the programme via closed Facebook groups 24/7
- There will be a weekly weigh-in to check your progress
- Regular social media contacts and pages you can access
- Ongoing support with catch up calls and 1-1 sessions with the Advisor
If you meet the criteria outlined above you will be able to register your interest via an expression of interest form available on the Council website. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01748 901 049/045.
An advisor will then contact you to have an initial discussion about the programme and arrange a face to face health assessment. You will then be allocated a weight management advisor who will provide you with a start date for a weekly programme that suits you.
The NHS website provides further information about maintaining a healthy weight along with a BMI calculator to check your BMI.
Some services may only be suitable to a specific age range or to those who meet specific
criteria. The following eligibility criteria applies to this service:
- From GP
- From Health care services
- From Social care services
- From Other
- No restrictions apply