Gallows Close Centre
Gallows Close Centre , SCARBOROUGH
The centre is an active, vibrant, well used, much-valued community led centre, working with people of all ages from our community, providing a welcoming, accessible, safe space in which to meet and access other services & address issues. Our aim is to grow our grassroots provision developing the support and activities on offer to address the needs identified through ongoing consultation with residents, volunteers and participants.
Our centre is the local catalyst that underpins strong and positive relationships that are built on trust, shared experience, mutual support and genuine and long-lasting self-reliance and community resilience. Through the centre we currently deliver and enable services and activities in direct response to the needs identified by the local community.
Some of these activities and services include...
- Community hub & Internet café
- Wellbeing and fitness activities
- Support for young people & vulnerable adults.
- A variety of young people’s sports activities specifically for low income families
- Employability courses
- Community garden & ex-service personnel engagement programme
- Age UK
- Youth clubs & children’s holiday clubs
- Weekly session for adults with additional needs
- Seasonal community events
- Covid 19 Support
We are committed to supporting our community to easily access services and offer support and create opportunities at the same time to give back to and enhance community life in this area. We have a sound understanding of local needs and the barriers people experience in helping people to overcome them. We continue to be an effective presence in our local community, building on relationships and enabling more people to access the services and opportunities needed to build resilience and confidence, opening up new possibilities for all who live here.
Some services may only be suitable to a specific age range or to those who meet specific
criteria. The following eligibility criteria applies to this service:
- Within District
- No restrictions apply
- Working part time
- Temporarily unemployed
- Other permanently unemployed
The following facilities and adaptations are available:
- Ramped/Sloped Access, and/or Manual Doors
- Level Access and Automatic Doors (or No Doors)
- On-Site Parking
Toilets and changing
- Accessible Toilet
- Step Free Standard Toilet