Luminate Group of Colleges including, Leeds City College, Harrogate College and Keighley College
Leeds City College, LEEDS
Leeds City College, Keighley College and Harrogate College are all part of the Luminate Group.
The colleges offer Further education in many vocational E.G. Performing Art, Business, Hospitality, Hair & Beauty, Sport, A Levels and specialist areas E.G. Foundation Studies, Progression Studies, Enterprise & Employability. to students age 16+ across all our sites including our state of the art new campus Quarry Hill opened in September 2019. for those with an EHCP we offer a successful supported internship programme.
We also cater for years 14-16 year olds in our Academy at Park Lane and SEMH provision at the Foundry in Leeds- through an application/interview process so we ensure the provision is appropriate for the young person applying and can lead to success. More details upon request but places are limited.
The SEND team are here to help students with any of the following and much more:
* Support to access the buildings or facilities.
* Reasonable adjustments to be made.
* Differentiation in the classroom
* Support from the SEND team in or out of class.
* Exam Access Arrangements
* Writing of a support plan as required.
* Working with external agencies
* Specialist support from our Dyslexia tutor, Autism Specialist and support worker of the deaf.
* Education,Health and Care Plan. Invite us to your school reviews from year 9 onwards if you are interested in applying to our colleges.
* Access our oasis Rooms for a place to reflect, have 1-1 mentoring or peer group support.
* Designated SENDCO and SEND Support Lead on each campus.
Please contact the team at any point if you are planning to come to college or if you are already here. We are here to help you and support with strategies to promote independence in preparation for adulthood.
Leeds City College has lots to offer let us help you to be part of the future.
Some services may only be suitable to a specific age range or to those who meet specific
criteria. The following eligibility criteria applies to this service:
The following facilities and adaptations are available:
- Ramped/Sloped Access that is Long/Steep (may have manual doors)
- Ramped/Sloped Access, and/or Manual Doors
- Off-Site Parking
- Blue Badge/Accessible Parking Bays
- Designated Drop-Off Point
- Accessible Accommodation
- Level Access and Automatic Doors (or No Doors)
Toilets and changing
- Gender Neutral Toilet
- Baby Changing Facility
- Changing Place
- Accessible Changing Room
- Accessible Fitting Room
- Accessible Shower
- Accessible Toilet
- Ambulant Toilet
- Step Free Standard Toilet
- Sign Language
- Assistive Listening
- Large Print