Support for Carers Scarborough and District
Support for Carers is a local voluntary organisation and registered charity that provides practical and emotional help for carers, the people they care for and older people living on their own in the Scarborough and Filey areas. The service is provided by volunteers who can visit weekly, fortnightly or monthly for a couple of hours or so. We do this by providing:
* A Sitting Service: A volunteer support to sit with the person being cared for during the day to enable carers to get out on their own and provide respite from their caring role.
* A Befriending Service: A volunteer support to spend a couple of hours with a lonely person. This could be a chat and a cuppa, a short walk, to help with some shopping or maybe visit a Garden Centre.
* Tuesday Luncheon Club: Every Tuesday 12 noon - 1.30pm at The Carousel (opposite the Palm Court) Scarborough. Everyone welcome. Take time to meet up with old friends or make new ones.
* Wednesday Friendship Group: Every Wednesday 10 - 12 noon at St Johns Emmanuel Church, St Johns Road, Scarborough. There are plenty going on at these meetings, providing social and recreational activities.
* Songs and Scones: The last Thursday of the month at Ayton Village Hall, East Ayton, Scarborough. This is an afternoon of musical entertainment followed by tea, cake, scones and a chat. It is aimed at people who live in rural areas who have become lonely and isolated because of a change to their personal circumstances.
If you are interested in joining us please contact Shirley or Cheryl on 01723 364808